St Marys RSL
In 2017, the Commemorative Services at St Marys include:
1. Anzac – SUNDAY March to, and Service at, Victoria Park – Sunday 23 April 2017, 2.30pm If marching, form up Coachmans Park, Queen Street at 2.00pm, ready to march off by 2.30pm. Dress includes medals. March will conclude at Victoria Park, Great Western Highway, where a Service will immediately be conducted. After the Service, all attending are invited back to St Marys RSL Club for light refreshments. All in the community are invited to attend and participate in this commemoration.
2. ANZAC - Dawn Service at St Marys RSL – Tuesday 25th April 2017, 5.00am This annual Service will be conducted at the St Marys RSL Memorial in the grounds of St Marys RSL Club. Dress includes medals. Dual special ‘Live TV - Big Screen’ facilities will be on site to ensure those attending are able to view all details of the Service. After the Service, all are invited to breakfast in the club. All in the community are invited to attend and participate in this commemoration. Information about the ANZAC Day Parade in Sydney can be accessed at www.rslnsw.org.au.
3. Boer War Day – Wednesday 31st May 2017, 11.00am in Canberra Since the new National Boer War Memorial is to be ‘opened’ in ANZAC Parade Canberra, incorporating a brief Service, we will therefore NOT be conducting a Service at St Marys. Interested attendees are encouraged to make plans to visit Canberra for this event. Dress in Canberra includes medals. The Service will commemorate the events of 1899-1902 in South Africa – the first conflict to involve our Nation – a conflict which provided the origins of Australia’s military culture and military history, where around 20,000 Australian men and women volunteered and around 1,000 Australians lost their lives to battle or disease. More information about the event can be found at www.bwm.org.au. Relatives of those who took part in the Boer War are especially welcome.
4. Vietnam Veterans Day – Friday 18 August 2017, 5.00pm The Vietnam Veterans Association, St Marys Outpost, and the St Marys RSL Sub-Branch will jointly conduct our annual Service at our Memorial at St Marys RSL. Dress includes medals. More details to be supplied later, or contact the Honorary Secretary. All in the community are invited to attend and participate in this commemoration.
5. Remembrance Day – Saturday 11 November 2017, 10.40am We will conduct our annual Remembrance Day Service at Kokoda Park for this year only. Kokoda Park is located at the corner of Charles Hackett Drive and Carinya Street, St Marys, adjacent to the Village Shopping Centre. In November we remember the 75th Anniversary of the conclusion of the Kokoda Track Campaign in New Guinea in 1942 – this campaign was one of the pivotal conflicts in protecting Australia from the pending Japanese invasion. Dress includes medals. More details to be supplied later, or contact the Honorary Secretary. All in the community are invited to attend and participate in this commemoration.
CLICK HERE for Reports on our services.